Private Ethereum Network
This chapter introduces Ethereum private network.
What Is Ethereum Private Network
Start a New Ethereum Private Network
Ethereum Private Network Log and Data
Private Network - Default Genesis Block
Create Account on Ethereum Network
What Is Ether Account
What Is Ethereum Blockchain Miner
Start "geth" Miner
"geth" Crashed - Out of Memory
- An Ethereum Private Network is an Ethereum network that
you run for yourself, within your company, or with your business partners.
- You can create a new Ethereum Private Network using "geth" with
a given network ID and a given blockchain data directory.
- An Ethereum Private Network starts with its blockchain with
a single root block called "genesis" block.
- You need to run "geth" miner module to build new blocks to grow
- The "geth" miner module needs an Ether account to collect mining rewards.
- An Ether account is just a password protected keystore containing a private
and public key pair.
- The public key of the Ether account is the account ID or address,
which can be given out to receiver Ether.
- The 32-bit "geth" miner crashes with "Out of Memory" error.
The 64-bit version "geth" is needed to mine new blocks.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of Ethereum
Ethereum Mist Wallet
geth - Go Ethereum
Testnet - Ropsten network
►Private Ethereum Network
64-Bit "geth" for Private Ethereum Network
Private Network with Custom Genesis Block
Transferring Funds between Ether Accounts
MetaMask - Browser Based Ethereum Wallet
Managing Ethereum Account
Mining Ether with Your Computer
Full Version in PDF/EPUB