64-Bit "geth" for Private Ethereum Network
This chapter introduces 64-bit 'geth' to run Ethereum private network.
Download and Install 64-bit "geth"
Run 64-bit "geth" with Miner Module
View the "pending" Block
Run "geth" Miner in Multiple Threads
4-Thread Miner not Able to Mine Blocks
- You need to install 64-bit "geth" to be able
to run the "miner" module to generate new blocks to grow the blockchain
on your private Ethereum network.
- Running "geth" miner with 1 thread is too slow to generate new blocks.
- Running "geth" miner with 4 threads is faster, but still not fast
enough to generate new blocks.
- Running "geth" miner with 4 threads reaches the maximum CPU capacity
on a home computer.
- The difficulty level needs to be lowered to build a private Ethereum network
and grow its blockchain on a home computer.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of Ethereum
Ethereum Mist Wallet
geth - Go Ethereum
Testnet - Ropsten network
Private Ethereum Network
►64-Bit "geth" for Private Ethereum Network
Private Network with Custom Genesis Block
Transferring Funds between Ether Accounts
MetaMask - Browser Based Ethereum Wallet
Managing Ethereum Account
ethereumfaucet.info - Mining Ether with Browser
Full Version in PDF/EPUB