Managing Ethereum Account
This chapter describes Ethereum accounts - How to create and manage them.
What Is Ethereum Account
Generate New Ethereum Accounts
Ethereum Public Key and Private Key Example
Ethereum Account Keystore File
"geth" Commands for Ethereum Accounts
- An Ethereum account is actually a pair of public key and private key.
- An Ethereum account address is actually the public key of the account.
- The private key of the account is used to sign transactions that spend
Ether funds associated with the public key.
- "geth", Ethereum Mist wallet and MetaMask wallet can be used to create
a new Ethereum account.
- The same Ethereum account can be used on all Ethereum networks.
- "geth" uses a keystore file in JSON format to store the private key encrypted
by a password.
- "geth" can import Ethereum accounts from private keys.
But it can not export private keys.
- MetaMask can import Ethereum accounts from private keys and keystore files.
It can also export private keys.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of Ethereum
Ethereum Mist Wallet
geth - Go Ethereum
Testnet - Ropsten network
Private Ethereum Network
64-Bit "geth" for Private Ethereum Network
Private Network with Custom Genesis Block
Transferring Funds between Ether Accounts
MetaMask - Browser Based Ethereum Wallet
►Managing Ethereum Account
Mining Ether with Your Computer
Full Version in PDF/EPUB