Outdated: JDK 1.5 keytool - keystore File Tool
This section describes all commands supported in JDK 1.5 'keytool' tool to manage certificates stored in 'keystore' files.
"keytool" is command line tool included in to manage keys and certificates
using "keystore". "keytool" replaces the same functions offered by "javakey" in JDK 1.1.
"keytool" offers a number functions through the following major command options:
- "-certreq": Generates a Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- "-delete": Deletes the entry of the specified alias name.
- "-export": Exports the certificate of the specified key entry or certificate entry
out of the keystore to a certificate file.
- "-genkey": Generates a key pair and stores it as a key entry in the keystore.
- "-help": Lists the basic commands and their options.
- "-identitydb": Reads the JDK 1.1.x-style identity database from the file idb_file,
and adds its entries to the keystore. If no file is given, the identity database is read from stdin.
If a keystore does not exist, it is created.
- "-import": Imports the certificate from a certificate file as a certificate entry into the keystore.
- "-keyclone": Creates a new key entry by copying an existing key entry.
- "-keypasswd": Changes the password under which the private/secret key identified by alias is protected,
from old_keypass to new_keypass, which must be at least 6 characters long.
- "-list": Lists all entries in the keystore.
- "-printcert": Prints summary information of a certificate from a certificate file.
- "-selfcert": Replaces the certificate in a key entry with a new self-signed certificate.
- "-storepasswd": Changes the password used to protect the integrity of the keystore contents.
The new password is new_storepass, which must be at least 6 characters long..
Table of Contents
About This Book
Java Tools Terminology
Java Tools Included in JDK
javac - The Java Program Compiler
jar - The JAR File Tool
jlink - The JRE Linker
jmod - The JMOD File Tool
jimage - The JIMAGE File Tool
jpackage - Binary Package Builder
java - The Java Program Launcher
jdeps - The Java Class Dependency Analyzer
jdeprscan - The Java Deprecated API Scanner
jdb - The Java Debugger
jcmd - The JVM Diagnostic Tool
jconsole - Java Monitoring and Management Console
jstat - JVM Statistics Monitoring Tool
JVM Troubleshooting Tools
jhsdb - The Java HotSpot Debugger
jvisualvm (Java VisualVM) - JVM Visual Tool
jmc - Java Mission Control
javap - The Java Class File Disassembler
keytool - Public Key Certificate Tool
jarsigner - JAR File Signer
jshell - Java Language Shell
jrunscript - Script Code Shell
serialver - serialVersionUID Generator
native2ascii - Native-to-ASCII Encoding Converter
Outdated: Installing Latest JDK on Windows
Outdated: Downloading and Installing Java 8
Outdated: Downloading and Installing J2SE 1.6.0 on Windows
Outdated: JDK 1.6 keytool - keystore File Tool
Outdated: Downloading and Installing J2SE 1.5.0 on Windows
►Outdated: JDK 1.5 keytool - keystore File Tool
Full Version in PDF/EPUB