keytool - Public Key Certificate Tool
This chapter provides notes and tutorials on the public key certificate management tool, 'keytool'. Topics include introduction of certificates and 'keystore' files, list of 'keytool' commands, generating private and public key pair, importing and exporting certificates.
These sections are omitted from this Web preview version. To view the full content,
see information on how to obtain the full version this book.
Certificates and Certificate Chains
keystore - Public Key Certificate Storage File
keytool - keystore File Management Commands
Generating Key Pairs and Self-Signed Certificates
Exporting and Import Certificates
Cloning Certificates with New Identities
"keytool -importkeystore" - Converting Keystore Type
- A key entry in keystore contains a private key and a certificate of the public key.
- Certificates can be exported into certificate files out of keystore.
- Certificates can be imported from certificate back into keystore.
- There seems be to no way to export private keys.
- There seems be to no way to generate a certificate of a given public key - signing a public key.
- "keystore" supports two file formats: JKS and PKCS12.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Java Tools Terminology
Java Tools Included in JDK
javac - The Java Program Compiler
jar - The JAR File Tool
jlink - The JRE Linker
jmod - The JMOD File Tool
jimage - The JIMAGE File Tool
java - The Java Program Launcher
jdb - The Java Debugger
jcmd - The JVM Diagnostic Tool
jconsole - Java Monitoring and Management Console
jstat - JVM Statistics Monitoring Tool
JVM Troubleshooting Tools
jvisualvm (Java VisualVM) - JVM Visual Tool
jmc - Java Mission Control
javap - The Java Class File Disassembler
►keytool - Public Key Certificate Tool
jarsigner - JAR File Signer
jshell - Java Language Shell
native2ascii - Native-to-ASCII Encoding Converter
Full Version in PDF/EPUB