Java Tools Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v6.21, by Dr. Herong Yang
Outdated: Downloading and Installing J2SE 1.5.0 on Windows
This section provides tutorial example on how to download and install J2SE (JDK - Java Development Kit) 1.5.0.
Here is what I did to download and install JDK 1.5.0 on my Windows system:
2. Click the "Download JDK" hyper link.
3. Follow the instructions on the Web pages to download jdk-1_5_0-windows-i586.exe to a working directory on your hard disk. This file is about 45 MB.
4. Double click on the file name: jdk-1_5_0-windows-i586.exe in the working directory in the File Explorer.
5. Follow the instruction on the installation window to finish the installation. Remember to specify the target directory as: \j2sdk1.5.0.
6. Open a command window to try the java command. If you are getting the following output, you know your installation is done correctly:
herong> \j2sdk1.5.0\bin\java -version java version "1.5.0" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0-b64) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0-b64, mixed mode)
Table of Contents