Files and Directories
Provides introductions and tutorial on file and directory management. Topics include commands to search and find files, read text files in different ways, split and join files, compress and restore files, archive and extract files.
"find" - Search for Files
"more", "head" and "cat" - Read Files
"split" and "cat" - Split and Join Files
"compress/uncompress" - Compressed *.Z Files
"gzip/gunzip" - Compressed *.gz Files
"xz/unxz" - Compressed *.xz or *.lzma Files
"tar -c" and "tar -x" - Create and Extract Archive Files
"zip" and "unzip" - Create and Extract ZIP Files
- Use "find" command to search for files in a directory tree.
- Use "more" command to read a text one screen at a time.
- Use "head" command to the first 10 lines from a text file.
- Use "tail" command to the last 10 lines from a text file.
- Use "split" command to split a large file into chunks.
- Use "cat" command to join multiple files into a single file.
- Use "compress" command to compress a large file into a *.Z file using the adaptive Lempel-Ziv algorithm.
- Use "uncompress" command to uncompress a *.Z file.
- Use "gzip" command to compress a large file into a *.gz file using the Lempel-Ziv algorithm.
- Use "gunzip" command to restore a *.gz file.
- Use "xz" command to compress a large file into a *.xz file using the LZMA2 algorithm.
- Use "unxz" command to restore a *.xz file.
- Use "tar -c" command to create an archive file from given files and directories.
- Use "tar -x" command to extract files and directories out of a given archive file.
- Use "tar -c -z" command to apply "gzip" compression on the new archive file.
- Use "zip -r" command to create a ZIP file from given files and directories.
- Use "unzip" command to extract files and directories out of a given ZIP file.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to Linux Systems
Cockpit - Web Portal for Administrator
►Files and Directories
Users and Groups
Block Devices and Partitions
LVM (Logical Volume Manager)
SELinux - Security-Enhanced Linux
Network Connection on CentOS
Software Package Manager on CentOS - DNF and YUM
Running Apache Web Server (httpd) on Linux Systems
Running PHP Scripts on Linux Systems
Running MySQL Database Server on Linux Systems
Running Python Scripts on Linux Systems
vsftpd - Very Secure FTP Daemon
Postfix - Mail Transport Agent (MTA)
Dovecot - IMAP and POP3 Server
Email Client Tools - Mail User Agents (MUA)
LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
GCC - C/C++ Compiler
Conda - Environment and Package Manager
Tools and Utilities
Full Version in PDF/EPUB