Provides introductions and tutorial on Linux file systems. Topics include 'df' to see disk free spaces of mounted file systems; 'mount' to access USB drive file systems; 'fdisk' to list partitions and file system types; 'dd' to copy data and test I/O speed; 'hdparm' to manage hard disk parameters; install 'ntfs-3g' and 'cifs-utils' to support Windows NTFS and shared folders.
"df" - Display Free Space of File System
Mount USB Drive as File System
"dd" - Copy Data from/to Storage Devices
Use "dd" Command to Test I/O Speed
"du" - Display Disk Usage of Directories
Mount Windows NTFS File System
Access Persmissions on "ntfs-3g" File System
Mount Windows Shared Folders
W95 Ext'd (LBA) Partition
Reformat NTFS Partition into EXT4 Partition
Unreachable Remote File Systems
- "df” command can be used to display free spaces of mounted file systems.
- "mount" command can be used to bring file system partitions online.
"umount" command can be used to bring them offline.
- "fdisk -l " command can be used to list file system partitions and their
format types of a given storage device.
- "dd" command can be used to copy data as continuous blocks of bytes from one device to another
bypassing file system structures.
- "dd" command can also be used to test I/O (Input and Output) speed
of a given storage device.
- Mounting Windows NTFS file systems requires installation of the ntfs-3g device driver.
- Mounting Windows shared folders requires installation of the cifs-utils device driver.
- "parted" is a better alternative tool than "fdisk" to manipulate hard disk partitions.
- "fsmk -t ext4" command can be used to format a partition into an EXT4 file system.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to Linux Systems
Cockpit - Web Portal for Administrator
Files and Directories
Users and Groups
Block Devices and Partitions
LVM (Logical Volume Manager)
SELinux - Security-Enhanced Linux
Network Connection on CentOS
Software Package Manager on CentOS - DNF and YUM
Running Apache Web Server (httpd) on Linux Systems
Running PHP Scripts on Linux Systems
Running MySQL Database Server on Linux Systems
Running Python Scripts on Linux Systems
vsftpd - Very Secure FTP Daemon
Postfix - Mail Transport Agent (MTA)
Dovecot - IMAP and POP3 Server
Email Client Tools - Mail User Agents (MUA)
LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
GCC - C/C++ Compiler
Conda - Environment and Package Manager
Tools and Utilities
Full Version in PDF/EPUB