Dovecot - IMAP and POP3 Server
Provides introductions and tutorial examples about Dovecot - IMAP and POP3 Server. Topics include installing, configuring, and starting Dovecot; testing Dovecot server using POP3 and IMAP commands with 'telnet'.
These sections are omitted from this Web preview version. To view the full content,
see information on how to obtain the full version this book.
What Is Dovecot
Install and Configure Dovecot on CentOS
Test Dovecot IMAP Server with "telnet" Client
STARTTLS (Opportunistic TLS) on IMAP Port 143
IMAPS Service on Port 993 in Dovecot
Test Dovecot POP3 Server with "telnet" Client
STARTTLS (Opportunistic TLS) on POP3 Port 110
POP3S Service on Port 995 in Dovecot
Keep Deleted Emails on Dovecot
Turn on Dovecot Server Logging for Troubleshooting
Replace Self-Signed Root Certificate on Dovecot
"doveadm" Command - Dovecot's Administration Utility
- Dovecot is a free and open-source POP3 and IMAP server that allows clients to retrieve electronic mails from Linux systems.
- Dovecot configuration files is located in /etc/dovecot/ directory.
- Dovecot server accepts IMAP client requests at port 143 with Opportunistic TLS, also called STARTTLS, option.
- Dovecot server accepts IMAPS client requests at port 993 with SSL/TLS started automatically.
- Dovecot server accepts POP3 client requests at port 110 with Opportunistic TLS, also called STARTTLS, option.
- Dovecot server accepts POP3S client requests at port 995 with SSL/TLS started automatically.
- Dovecot server can keep deleted emails hidden and marked as "POP3Deleted" in POP3 service.
- You should replace the default self-signed server certificate with a new one that matches your Dovecot server identity.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to Linux Systems
Cockpit - Web Portal for Administrator
Files and Directories
Users and Groups
Block Devices and Partitions
LVM (Logical Volume Manager)
SELinux - Security-Enhanced Linux
Network Connection on CentOS
Software Package Manager on CentOS - DNF and YUM
Running Apache Web Server (httpd) on Linux Systems
Running PHP Scripts on Linux Systems
Running MySQL Database Server on Linux Systems
Running Python Scripts on Linux Systems
vsftpd - Very Secure FTP Daemon
Postfix - Mail Transport Agent (MTA)
►Dovecot - IMAP and POP3 Server
Email Client Tools - Mail User Agents (MUA)
LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
GCC - C/C++ Compiler
Conda - Environment and Package Manager
Tools and Utilities
Full Version in PDF/EPUB