Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Windows 8: Restore Point Settings
This section provides a tutorial example on how to review and change settings for creating restore points of the system drive C: on Windows 8 system.
By default, Windows 8 will create restore points automatically whenever an important change is made to the system. But you should review settings and make adjustments on how restore points are created.
1. Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\System" and click the "System protection" link. You will see the "System Properties" screen open on the "System Protection" tab.
2. Select "OS (C:) (System)" and click "Configure..." button. You will see current restore settings on the drive C:.
3. Make sure "Turn on system protection" is checked.
4. Drag the "Max Usage" to about 22% of the disk space so that more restore points can be maintained.
5. Click "Apply" button to save changes.
The picture below shows you a list of restore points that are available on Windows 8 system:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents