Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Windows 8: Create System Image
This section provides a tutorial example on how to create a system image on Windows 8 system.
A "System Image" is a backup of the entire computer system including system files, application programs and your own personal documents. You should create system images once a while so that you can restore your computer to that point.
1. Connect an external USB hard drive to your computer. The USB hard drive should have enough free space to hold the system image.
2. Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows 8 File Recovery" and click the "Create a system image" link. You will see the "Create a system image" screen.
3. Select the "On a hard disk" option and select the USB hard drive as the location of the system image.
4. Click "Next" to start the process and wait until the system image is created. It may take some time.
5. When asked for creating a system repair disk, you can click "No". System repair disk can be created any time separately.
6. Review the "System Image" on the external USB hard disk. You will the see it located under the folder name like: "E:\WindowsImageBackup\HerongPC".
The picture below shows you the "Create a system image" process on Windows 8 system:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents