Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Windows 8: Apply Restore Point
This section provides a tutorial example on how to apply a restore point on Windows 8 system.
If your system gets infected by a virus or a spamware, you may consider to recover your system from a restore point instead of spending hours of trying to remove the virus. Apply a restore points will undo all system changes made after that restore point.
1. Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\System" and click the "System protection" link. You will see the "System Properties" screen open on the "System Protection" tab.
2. Click "System Restore..." button and click "Next". You will see a list of all system restore points available on the system. Remember to click "[x] Show more restore points" see all entries.
3. Select a restore point entry based on the date and time when the restore point was created.
4. Click "Scan for affected programs" to review the impact of applying this restore point.
5. If you are ok with the impact, close the impact analysis screen and click "Next" to apply the selected restore point.
6. Click the "Finish" button on the confirmation screen to finish the process.
7. After applying the restore point, the virus or spamware may be removed from system settings. But the downloaded file that contains the virus or spamware may still on your hard disk. You need to continue to search and remove it.
The picture below shows you the impact analysis of applying a system restore point on Windows 8 system:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents