Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v3.01, by Dr. Herong Yang
Windows 8: Recovery Option 2 - System Image
This section provides a tutorial example on how to apply a system image on Windows 8 system. Don't forget to backup personal documents first!
If your system gets infected by a malicious software you have tried for hours to remove it without success, you should consider to take a Windows 8 recovery option.
You should first try the "Restore Point" option described in previous tutorials. If that does not solve the problem, you should consider "System Image" as the second option. Applying a "System Image" will wipe out the current system, application programs and personal documents. So you should backup any files that are important to you.
1. If the current system is still running, copy all files from hard disk drive C: to an external hard disk. This backup is needed to restore your personal documents after the system recovery is done.
2. Boot from a Windows 8 repair disc as described in previous tutorials. And go to the "Troubleshoot Advance options" screen.
3. Connect the external hard disk that contains the system image.
4. Select the "System Image Recovery" from the repair option list.
5. Select the system image from the external hard disk. And finish the process.
6. Reboot the computer from the hard disk.
7. Restore personal documents from the backup.
Table of Contents