Windows 7 System Recovery
This chapter provides tutorials related to Windows 7 recovery. Topics include viewing and creating system restore points; create system images as backups; create system repair disc or USB drive; change boot order in BIOS; boot from repair disc or USB drive; verifying and applying factory reset.
Windows 7: System Recovery Options
Windows 7: View Available Restore Points
Windows 7: Restore Point Settings
Windows 7: Create Restore Point
Windows 7: Recovery Option 1 - Restore Point
Windows 7: Create System Image
Windows 7: Create System Repair Disc
Windows 7: Boot from Repair Disc
Windows 7: Create Repair USB Drive
Windows 7: Modify Boot Order in BIOS
Windows 7: Recovery Option 2 - System Image
Windows 7: Verify Factory Reset
Windows 7: Recovery Option 3 - Factory Reset
- Windows 7 recovery options are restore points, system image backups, or factory reset.
- A restore point is like a backup of system files created by the system automatically or by yourself manually.
- A system image is a true backup of system files, application programs and personal documents created by yourself manually.
- A factory reset is like a backup of the original system created by the manufacture before shipping the computer to you.
- Restoring to a restore point restores only system files. Application programs and personal documents
are not changed.
- Restoring to a system image restores the entire system including system files, application programs and personal documents.
But changes on personal documents are lost and need to be restored from your own backups.
- Restoring to the factory reset restores the entire system to original state.
Your personal documents need to be restored from your own backups.
- A repair disc or USB drive can be used to boot the computer and perform system recovery with restore points or system images.
- Boot order in BIOS controls which device to be used first to boot the computer.
- Manufactures offer special function keys to invoke factory reset at boot time.
Table of Contents
About This Windows Security Book
Windows 8: System Security Review
Windows 8: System Security Protection
Windows 8 System Recovery
Windows 8 Defender for Real-Time Protection
Windows 7: System Security Review
Windows 7: System Security Protection
►Windows 7 System Recovery
Windows 7 Forefront Client Security
Norton Power Eraser - Anti-Virus Scan Tool
McAfee Virus and Malware Protection Tools
Spybot - Spyware Blocker, Detection and Removal
Keeping Firefox Secure
Keeping IE (Internet Explorer) Secure
Malware (Adware, Spyware, Trojan, Worm, and Virus)
HijackThis - Browser Hijacker Diagnosis Tool
IE Add-on Program Listing and Removal
"Conduit Search" - Malware Detection and Removal
"Tube Dimmer", "Scorpion Saver" or "Adpeak" Malware
Malware Manual Removal Experience
Vundo (VirtuMonde/VirtuMundo) - vtsts.dll Removal
Trojan and Malware "Puper" Description and Removal
VSToolbar (VSAdd-in.dll) - Description and Removal
PWS (Password Stealer) Trojan Infection Removal
MS08-001 Vulnerability on Windows Systems
Antivirus System PRO
PDF Printing Version