Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Windows 7: Boot from Repair Disc
This section provides a tutorial example on how to boot from Windows 7 repair disc and review system recovery tools.
If your Windows 7 computer gets infected by a virus or a spamware and you are not able to boot your computer normally. You should boot it from the Windows 7 repair disc that you created previously.
1. Insert the Windows 7 repair disc in the CD drive.
2. Restart your Windows 7 computer. The computer will try to boot from the Windows 7 repair disc.
3. Press any key to continue. The computer starts to boot.
4. Select US English keyboard, when prompted. Then click "Next" to continue.
5. Select "Use recovery tools that can help fix problems..." option, when prompted. Then click "Next" to continue.
6. When the repair system is booted, you will see the following repair tools listed on the screen:
Choose a recovery tool Startup Repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your computer using a system image you created earlier Windows Memory Diagnostic Check your computer for hardware errors Command prompt Open a command prompt window
The best tool on this list is probably the "System Image Recovery" tool, which helps you to restore the entire system with application programs and personal documents from system image created previous.
The picture below shows you windows repair tool list after booting from the Windows 7 repair disc.
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents