Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Windows 8: Create System Repair Disc
This section provides a tutorial example on how to create a system repair disc on Windows 8 system.
A "System Repair Disc" is a compact disc that can be used to boot your computer. It also contains Windows 8 system recovery tools that can help you recover Windows system from a serious error or restore your computer from a system image.
A "System Repair Disc" is a very important system recovery tool. You should create one as soon as you receives your Windows 8 computer.
1. Insert a black CD into the CD drive.
2. Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows 8 File Recovery" and click the "Create a system repair disc" link. You will see the "Create a system repair disc" screen with instructions.
3. Select the CD drive where the blank CD is inserted and click the "Create disc" button.
4. Wait for some time until the repair disc is created.
5. Review files on the repair disc. You should see "boot", "efi", "sources" folders and "bootmgr", "bootmgr.efi" files.
6. Take out the CD and label it "Windows 8 Repair Disc" for future use.
The picture below shows you the "Create a system repair disc" process on Windows 8 system:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents