Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Windows 7: Uninstall Unwanted Programs
This section provides a tutorial example on how to review all programs that have installed on a Windows 7 system and uninstall any unwanted programs.
Now you can start to review all programs that have been installed on the Windows 7 system and uninstall any unwanted programs.
1. Go to "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features".
2. Click the "Installed On" column to list most recently installed or updated programs first. If you see any program name that you are not familiar with, then it is a possible spyware, adware or some tool that you never need it. Search Internet to confirm that program is not related Windows system or any hardware functions. If confirmed, you should consider to uninstall that program.
For example, on my Windows 7 system, I see "Ask Toolbar" installed on 5/2/2013. But I don't remember that I have installed "Ask Toolbar" myself. Searching Internet shows that "Ask Toolbar" is browser add-on for searching the Web using the Ask.com search engine. I don't think I need this tool. So I will uninstall it.
3. Double click on "Ask Toolbar". You will see the uninstallation confirmation popup box:
Are you sure you want to uninstall Ask Toolbar? [Yes] [No]
4. Click "Yes" and follow other instructions to uninstall "Ask Toolbar".
5. Continue to review all installed programs.
The picture below shows you the list of installed programs on a Windows 7 system:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents