Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Windows 7: Create Restore Point
This section provides a tutorial example on how to create a system restore point on Windows 7 before making any system changes.
Before making any changes to the Windows 7 system, you should create a system restore point so that you can rollback changes by restoring the system to the state before those changes.
1. Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\System".
2. Click "System protection" link. You will see the "System Properties" screen with the "System Protection" tab open.
3. Click "Create" button. Then enter "Before system review" as the restore point name and finish the process.
4. Click "System Restore" button. Then click "Next". You will see "Before system review" displayed in the restore point list. This confirms that we have a restore point created correctly.
5. Click "Cancel" to close "System Restore" screen.
The picture below shows you the creating system restore point function on
the "System Protection" tab of "System Properties" screen on Windows 7 system:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents