Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Setting Security Level to Medium-High in IE
This section provides a tutorial example on how to review and set security level to Medium-High for Internet Web sites in IE (Internet Explorer).
The next IE (Internet Explorer) option area to review and modify is related to security level settings.
1. Run IE and click "Tools > Internet Options" menu. Then click the "Security" tab.
2. Click on the "Internet" icon. The security level settings for "Internet" zone are displayed.
3. Review and change settings as suggested below:
Internet - This zone is for Internet websites, except those listed in trusted and restricted zones. Security level for this zone Medium-High - Appropriate for most websites - Prompts before downloading potential unsafe content - Unsigned ActiveX controls will not be downloaded [x] Enable Protected Mode
Note that some Web sites, link linkedin.com, may not work if the security level is set to "High". Here are details of the "High" level:
High - Appropriate for websites that might have harmful content - Maximum safeguards - Less secure features are disabled
4. Click the "Trusted sites" icon, then the "Sites" button. You will see a list of trusted sites.
5. Review each site and delete any site that you are not sure to trust or not.
6. Click "Ok" to save changes.
The picture below shows medium high security level settings in IE:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents