PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.04, by Dr. Herong Yang
Signing OpenOffice.org 3 Document Worked
This section provides a tutorial example on how to sign an OpenOffice.org 3 document with my personal certificate issued by CAcert.org.
With my personal certificate issued by a trusted CA and installed with "Internet Options", I think I should try to add a digital signature to an OpenOffice.org 3 document again.
1. Run OpenOffice.org 3 Writer and creates a document called Digital-Signature-Test.odt.
2. Click "Digital Signatures" from the "File" menu. The "Digital Signatures" dialog box shows up.
3. Click "Add" button. The "Select Certificate" dialog box shows up. My personal certificate, "CAcert WoT User", is listed there.
3. Select my certificate and click "OK" button.
The "Signing data with your private exchange key" dialog box shows up
with a message: "An application is requesting access to a Protected item.
- CryptoAPI Private Key":
4. Click "OK". My digital signature is added to the OpenOffice.org document.
5. Click "Sign" button. A digital signature is added to the document.
A special icon shows up in the OpenOffice.org status bar:
Done. Now I have my OpenOffice.org document signed with my digital signature.
Last update: 2011.
Table of Contents