PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.03, by Dr. Herong Yang
Getting Personal Certificate Signed by CAcert.org
This section provides a tutorial example on how to submit a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) to CAcert.org to get a free personal certificate for an email address.
With the CSR (Certificate Signing Request) for my email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, ready, I can go back to CAcert.org to finish the process of getting my free personal certificate now.
1. Go to CAcert.org and "Password Login" to my account.
2. Click "New" under the "Client Certificate" menu. The "New Client Certificate" page shows up.
3. Copy and paste the entire content of my CSR file, herong_yang_yahoo_com.csr, into the CSR area.
4. Click "Next" button. CAcert.org issues a personal certificate to me.
5. CAcert.org also sends me an email and gives a link to a Web page with my personal certificate:
6. Copy and paste my personal certificate from the Web page into a text file, herong_yang_yahoo_com.pem
Congratulations, I have a personal certificate for email@example.com signed by CAcert.org now!
Last update: 2011.
Table of Contents