About This Book
This section provides some detailed information about this book - PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples.
Title: PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
Author: Herong Yang -
Contact by email via email@example.com.
Category: COMPUTERS / Security / Cryptography
Version/Edition: v2.32, 2022
Number of pages in PDF format: 347
This tutorial book is a collection of
notes and sample codes written by the author while he was learning PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
technologies himself. Topics include
Root CA (Certificate Authorities);
SSL, TLS, and HTTPS;
Server and client authentication processes;
Communication data encryption;
Using HTTPS with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Internet Explorer;
Managing certificates on Windows, macOS, iOS and Android systems;
X.509 certificate format;
Certificate store and management tools;
Certificate validation chain;
Self-signed certificate and CSR;
Digital signature on MS Word and OpenOffice documents;
Get free personal certificate from Comodo.
Updated in 2022 (Version v2.32) with minor changes.
CA, Certificate, HTTPS, PKI, Security, SSL, S/MIME, TLS, X.509.
- This book is under Copyright © 2010-2022 Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- The example codes is provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
- Version 2.32, 2022. Minor updates.
- Version 2.10, 2018. Updated Web browser, PHP, Perl, Java, Word Tutorials.
- Version 2.00, 2011. Added tutorials on PKI digital signature
- Version 1.00, 2010. First edition.
Web version: https://www.herongyang.com/PKI -
Provides free sample chapters, latest updates and readers' comments.
The Web version of this book has been viewed a total of:
- 1,239,487 times as of December 2021.
- 1,106,147 times as of December 2020.
- 983,297 times as of December 2019.
- 872,901 times as of December 2018.
- 786,292 times as of December 2017.
- 697,481 times as of December 2016.
- 586,075 times as of December 2015.
- 448,105 times as of December 2014.
- 284,835 times as of December 2013.
- 167,147 times as of December 2012.
- 61,732 times as of December 2011.
PDF/EPUB version: https://www.herongyang.com/PKI/PDF-Full-Version.html -
Provides information on how to obtain the full version of this book in PDF, EPUB, or other format.
Table of Contents
►About This Book
Introduction of PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
Introduction of HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure)
Using HTTPS with Google Chrome
Using HTTPS with Mozilla Firefox
HTTPS with Microsoft Edge
Using HTTPS with Apple Safari
HTTPS with IE (Internet Explorer)
Android and Server Certificate
iPhone and Server Certificate
Windows Certificate Stores and Console
RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and Server Certificate
macOS Certificate Stores and Keychain Access
Perl Scripts Communicating with HTTPS Servers
PHP Scripts Communicating with HTTPS Servers
Java Programs Communicating with HTTPS Servers
.NET Programs Communicating with HTTPS Servers
CAcert.org - Root CA Offering Free Certificates
PKI CA Administration - Issuing Certificates
Comodo Free Personal Certificate
Digital Signature - Microsoft Word
Digital Signature - OpenOffice.org 3
S/MIME and Email Security
PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) Terminology
Full Version in PDF/EPUB