PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Applying Free Personal Certificate at Comodo
This section provides a tutorial example on how to apply for a free personal email certificate at Comodo.
Comodo is one of the most popular root CAs providing Web server certificates. It also offers a "Free Secure Email Certificate" service for personal/home users.
Here is what I did to get my personal certificate from Comodo:
1. Use Firefox browser to open the Comodo Website at comodo.com/home/email-security/free-email-certificate.php.
2. Click the "Sign Up Now" under the "Free Secure Email Certificate" section. I see the application form.
3. Fill in the application form with my name, email address, and country.
4. Enter a Revocation Password, accept the agreement, and click "Next".
5. After for few minutes, I receive the email from Comodo telling me how to collect my personal certificate.
See next tutorial on how to download and install Comodo personal certificate.
Table of Contents