Viewing Data CD Track Layout
This section provides a tutorial on how to view the track and file system layout of a Data CD with IsoBuster.
The next test I did was to view the track layout of an Data CD (CD-ROM) with IsoBuster.
1. Insert the Data CD into the CD drive. Start IsoBuster.
2. IsoBuster shows sessions and tracks in a tree structure.
3. Click on the only track, Track 01. It has an ISO icon. So Track 01 is has an ISO 9660 file system.
Click the right mouse button to view its properties box.
Track 01 occupies 33,034 sectors (from 0 to 33,033) with 2048 bytes per sector,
giving 67,653,632 bytes.
4. There is another file system, called Joliet, displayed under Track 01.
Joliet file system is an extension of the ISO file system.
Joliet file system support lower case letters in file names and directory names.
Joliet file system also allows much longer file names and directory names.
- Data CD has a single track with sector (block) size of 2048 bytes.
- Data CD has an ISO 9660 file system to record file names and directory names
with name restriction matching the DOS system.
- Data CD may have a Joliet file system to record file names and directory names
in lower case letters and longer names matching newer operating systems.
- Two file systems exists on the same CD. They provide double references to
same file contents located on the CD.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Audio CD (Compact Disc Digital Audio or CD-DA) Format
Audio CD (Compact Disc Digital Audio or CD-DA) Players
Audio CD (Compact Disc Digital Audio or CD-DA) Rip Music
WAV Audio File Format
MP3, MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3, Encoding Format
Burning MP3 Music to Audio CD
Windows Sound Recorder
ISO 9660 Standard for Data CD
Recording Data on CD
VCD (Video CD) Standard
DVD (Digital Video Disc) Standard Format
TOC (Table Of Contents) on CDs
►IsoBuster - A Nice CD GUI Tool
Downloading and Installing IsoBuster
Viewing CD-DA (Audio CD) Track Layout
►Viewing Data CD Track Layout
Viewing VCD Track Layout
Viewing DVD Track Layout
MPlayer - The Movie Player
vStrip - Rip and Manipulate DVD VOB Files
mpgtx - Manipulating MPEG Files
CD/DVD - File Name Extension and Format Types
PDF Printing Version