Viewing CD-DA (Audio CD) Track Layout
This section provides a tutorial on how to view the track layout of an Audio CD with IsoBuster.
The next test I did was to view the track layout of an Audio CD (CD-DA) with IsoBuster.
1. Insert the Audio CD into the CD drive. Start IsoBuster.
2. IsoBuster shows sessions and tracks in a tree structure.
3. Click on Track 01. It has no ISO icon. So Track 01 is has no ISO 9660 file system.
It is a pure raw data track. Click the right mouse button to view its properties box.
Track 01 occupies 21,656 sectors (from 0 to 21,655) with 2352 bytes per sector,
giving 50,934,912 bytes.
4. Check other tracks. They have similar properties.
- Audio CD uses a very simple track structure. One track one music.
- Sector (block) size is 2352 bytes.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Audio CD (Compact Disc Digital Audio or CD-DA) Format
Audio CD (Compact Disc Digital Audio or CD-DA) Players
Audio CD (Compact Disc Digital Audio or CD-DA) Rip Music
WAV Audio File Format
MP3, MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3, Encoding Format
Burning MP3 Music to Audio CD
Windows Sound Recorder
ISO 9660 Standard for Data CD
Recording Data on CD
VCD (Video CD) Standard
DVD (Digital Video Disc) Standard Format
TOC (Table Of Contents) on CDs
►IsoBuster - A Nice CD GUI Tool
Downloading and Installing IsoBuster
►Viewing CD-DA (Audio CD) Track Layout
Viewing Data CD Track Layout
Viewing VCD Track Layout
Viewing DVD Track Layout
MPlayer - The Movie Player
vStrip - Rip and Manipulate DVD VOB Files
mpgtx - Manipulating MPEG Files
CD/DVD - File Name Extension and Format Types
PDF Printing Version