CD-DVD Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.21, by Dr. Herong Yang
Rip Music to WAV Files with FreeRIP
This section provides a tutorial on how to rip off music from an audio CD to WAV files using FreeRIP.
The first test I did with FreeRIP was to rip off music tracks from an audio CD to WAV files:
1. Create a folder C:\temp\wav on my hard disk to store ripped music files.
2. Insert a music CD in the CD drive and start FreeRIP.
3. Click menu File > Settings > Options. The Options dialog box shows up.
4. Click the Output tab. Change the settings to:
Default encoding: WAV Output Base path: C:\temp\wav Output file name format: Artist\Track Number-Track Title.ext Converter uses input filenames: checked
5. Click menu Rip > Rip Selected Tracks.
FreeRIP starts to rip all tracks on the music CD,
since all tracks are selected by default:
6. FreeRIP display a progress window while ripping off music tracks from the audio CD.
Table of Contents