CD-DVD Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
This section provides a tutorial on how to download and install FreeRIP on your Windows system.
Windows Media Player can RIP off music from an audio CD. But it only supports two output formats: WMA and MP3. If you want to generate uncompressed audio format like WAV, you can try freeware FreeRIP. Here is how I installed FreeRIP:
1. Go to http://www.freerip.com/.
2. Click the Download FreeRIP link.
3. Click the "Download NOW!" button. A donwload.com page shows up displaying FreeRip 3.03 download information.
4. Click the "Download Now (1.69MB)" link. Save the downloaded file to C:\temp\freeripmp3.exe.
5. Run C:\temp\freeripmp3.exe to start the installation. Follow the instruction on the installation screen to finish.
6. Click Start > All Programs > FreeRIP3 > FreeRIP.
FreeRIP 3.03 starts nicely:
By the way, FreeRIP3 will install a toolbar for your IE browser. For more information, read http://www.freerip.com/frmmanual/tutorials/what_is_MySearch_Toolbar.php.
Table of Contents