CD-DVD Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.21, by Dr. Herong Yang
Rip Music to MP3 Files with FreeRIP
This section provides a tutorial on how to rip off music from an audio CD to MP3 files using FreeRIP.
The second test I did with FreeRIP was to rip off music tracks from an audio CD to MP3 files:
1. Create a folder C:\temp\mp3 on my hard disk to store ripped music files.
2. Insert a music CD in the CD drive and start FreeRIP.
3. Click menu File > Settings > Options. The Options dialog box shows up.
4. Click the Output tab. Change the settings to:
Default encoding: MP3 Output Base path: C:\temp\mp3 Output file name format: Artist\Track Number-Track Title.ext Converter uses input filenames: checked
5. Click the Encoding tab. Change the MP3 Encoding settings to:
Mono/Stereo: Stereo Mode: CBR - Constant bitrate Bitrate: 256 Write ID3 Tags: ID3 v1+v2 Write CRCs: not checked
6. Click menu Rip > Rip Selected Tracks. FreeRIP starts to rip all tracks on the music CD, since all tracks are selected by default.
7. FreeRIP displays a progress window while ripping off music tracks from the audio CD. FreeRIP will pause a couple of times for several minutes each time during the ripping process. I guess this is an intentional code behavior of the free version.
Table of Contents