Introducion of Frame of Reference
This chapter provides an introduction of frame of reference. Topics include what is frame of reference; what is coordinate system; examples of 1-dimensional, 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional frame of references; 1 frame of reference associated with 2 coordinate systems.
What Is Frame of Reference
Frame of Reference with 2 Objects
What Is Coordinate System
2-Dimensional Cartesian Coordinate System
3-Dimensional Cartesian Coordinate System
1 Frame of Reference with 2 Coordinate Systems
- A frame of reference is a given object or objects we use as a reference to describe locations of other objects in the space.
- A coordinate system is a mathematical model associated with a frame of reference
that converts every location in the frame into a set of numeric value or values.
- A 1-dimensional frame of reference can be used to describe locations along a single line in the space.
- A 2-dimensional frame of reference can be used to describe locations along a surface in the space.
- A 3-dimensional frame of reference can be used to describe locations anywhere in the space.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of Space
►Introducion of Frame of Reference
Introducion of Time
Introduction of Speed
Newton's Laws of Motion
Introduction of Special Relativity
Time Dilation in Special Relativity
Length Contraction in Special Relativity
The Relativity of Simultaneity
Introduction of Spacetime
Minkowski Spacetime and Diagrams
Full Version in PDF/ePUB