Publishing Books Using XML Technologies
∟Generating Web Pages with hyPub
∟Web Page Files Generation Steps
This section describes the steps required to generate Web page files from your book source file using hyPub.
The following steps are needed to generate Web page files from the book source files using hyPub:
1. Validating the book source files to make sure they are well formed XML files.
2. Merging multiple book source files into a single source file, if there a single book is stored in multiple source files.
3. Splitting the source file into multiple Web page files with one file per chapter and per section.
4. Transforming Web page files to include page layout and other formatting information.
5. Compiling Web page files to resolve variables and build hyper links.
6. Transforming Web page files to apply final touches.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Ideas on Publishing Books using XML
Overview of hyPub - A Simple XML Publishing Tool
Writing Book Contents in XHTML Source Files
Transforming Book Source Files with XSL Technology
Designing Web Page Layouts with Tables
Controlling Web Page Appearance with CSS
►Generating Web Pages with hyPub
Requirements on Web Page Files
►Web Page Files Generation Steps
Web Page Generation with hyPub Perl Programs
hyPub Sample Web Pages and Source Code
Formatting Printable Documents with XSL-FO
Generating PDF Documents with hyPub
Areas of Future Improvements
PDF Printing Version