Areas of Future Improvements
List of areas of future improvements in hyPub.
- When XML elements are embedded in XSL files, their white spaces are removed. This results very long
lines in the output files.
- When empty XML elements embedded in XSL files, their ending tags are replaced with shorthand formats.
This is causing problems with the "script" tag in with Internet Explorer, where <script src="_hyPub.js"
- I had problems with the CSS to hold the page width to 728 pixels if there is not enough text
to fill in the page width. I worked around this problem by using a long line (728 pixels) in a GIF file.
- Currently, I am using a table with stretched dot images to add the frame around the page area.
This can probably be replace by CSS property settings.
- More navigational links should be added, like "Previous" and "Next" links.
- RSS syndication support should be added to help other Websites to extract your book information.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Ideas on Publishing Books using XML
Overview of hyPub - A Simple XML Publishing Tool
Writing Book Contents in XHTML Source Files
Transforming Book Source Files with XSL Technology
Designing Web Page Layouts with Tables
Controlling Web Page Appearance with CSS
Generating Web Pages with hyPub
Formatting Printable Documents with XSL-FO
Generating PDF Documents with hyPub
►Areas of Future Improvements
Full Version in PDF/ePUB