Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Windows 7: Forefront Log Files
This section provides a tutorial on how to review alert history and log files generated by Forefront Client Security from Microsoft.
After Forefront Client Security is installed. You should review its alert history and log files on a regular basis.
1. Click "Start > All Programs > Microsoft Forefront > Forefront Client Security". You will see the home screen of Forefront Client Security.
2. Click "History" menu. You will see a list of security alerts issued in the past.
3. Review each one of those alerts.
4. Go to folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront\Client Security\Client\Logs". You will see some log files.
5. Open each log file and review it.
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents