PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Exporting Root Certificate to File from macOS
This section provides a tutorial example on how to export a trusted root CA certificate pre-installed on macOS computer into a certificate file in binary .cer format.
In previous tutorial, we learned how to access certificates pre-installed on macOS. Now let's see if we can export a certificate out of macOS.
1. Repeat steps listed in the previous tutorial until you see the Keychain Access window.
2. Click "System Roots" keychain, then "Certificates" category on the left pane. And select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5".
3. Click "File > Export Items" menu. The "Save As" dialog box shows up.
4. Select "Certificate (.cer)" format.
5. Change the file location and file name to ~\temp\VeriSign_Root_CA.cer.
6. Click the "Save" button, then "Finish" button. The selected certificate will be exported into the specified file.
Table of Contents