About This JDK Tutorial Book
This section provides some detailed information about this book - JDK Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples.
Website: http://www.herongyang.com/JDK -
Provides latest updates and readers' comments.
Title: JDK Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
Author: Dr. Herong Yang
Version/Edition: Version 6.10, 2018
Number of pages: 351
This book is a collection of tutorial notes and sample codes written by the author while he was learning JDK (Java Development Kit) himself. Topics include Time and Calendar, Internationalization, Unnamed Packages, Collections, Character Set and Encoding, Logging, XML related technologies: DOM, SAX, DTD, XSD, and XSL, Cryptography, Certificates, Key stores, Cipher and Encryption, Socket communication, SSL and HTTPS.
Blowfish, Calendar, certificate, character set, cipher, client authentication, collections, datagram, Date, decryption, DES, digital signature, encryption, DOM, DTD, HTTP, J2SDK, Java, JCA, JDK, keytool, Locale, MD5, public key, RSA, socket, SSL, package, Unicode, UTF-8, XML.
This book has been viewed a total of:
- 2,280,215 times as of December 2017.
- 2,137,376 times as of December 2016.
- 1,973,090 times as of December 2015.
- 1,733,360 times as of December 2014.
- 1,414,607 times as of December 2013.
- 1,129,366 times as of December 2012.
- 866,603 times as of December 2011.
- 637,488 times as of December 2010.
- 457,732 times as of December 2009.
- 309,926 times as of December 2008.
- Version 6.10, 2018. Updated with JDK 10.
- Version 6.00, 2014. Updated with JDK 1.8.
- Version 1.00, 2003. First release.
- This book is under Copyright © 2003-2018 by Dr. Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- The example processes and codes is provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
Table of Contents
►About This JDK Tutorial Book
JDK (Java Development Kit)
Java Date-Time API
Date, Time and Calendar Classes
Date and Time Object and String Conversion
Number Object and Numeric String Conversion
Locales, Localization Methods and Resource Bundles
Calling and Importing Classes Defined in Unnamed Packages
HashSet, Vector, HashMap and Collection Classes
Character Set Encoding Classes and Methods
Character Set Encoding Maps
Encoding Conversion Programs for Encoded Text Files
Socket Network Communication
Datagram Network Communication
DOM (Document Object Model) - API for XML Files
SAX (Simple API for XML)
DTD (Document Type Definition) - XML Validation
XSD (XML Schema Definition) - XML Validation
XSL (Extensible Stylesheet Language)
Message Digest Algorithm Implementations in JDK
Private key and Public Key Pair Generation
PKCS#8/X.509 Private/Public Encoding Standards
Digital Signature Algorithm and Sample Program
"keytool" Commands and "keystore" Files
KeyStore and Certificate Classes
Secret Key Generation and Management
Cipher - Encryption and Decryption
The SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Protocol
SSL Socket Communication Testing Programs
SSL Client Authentication
HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure)
Full Version in PDF/EPUB