Android Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v3.04, by Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing Android SDK R24
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install Android SDK (Software Development Kit) Revision 24 on Windows systems.
If you want to develop applications for Android systems, you need to start with the following two steps to create an Android development environment on your Windows system:
Here is what I did to download and install the Android SDK Revision R24 starter package:
1. Go to the Android SDK download page at http://developer.android.com/sdk/.
2. Click "android-sdk_r24.3.2-windows.zip" in the Other Download Options - SDK Tools Only section near the bottom of the page. Follow instructions given on the page to finish the download
3. Save the downloaded file to C:\download\android-sdk_r24.3.2-windows.zip. The file size should be 187,488,291 bytes.
4. Unzip the downloaded file to C:\local\android-sdk-windows.
5. Double-click on "C:\local\android-sdk-windows\SDK Manager.exe". The "Android SDK Manager" windows will show up:
Cool. Android SDK Revision 24 starter package is installed now. Read next tutorials to learn how to install Android platform emulator.
By the way, SDK Manager is a Java application and requires JDK to be installed in the "C:\Program Files" folder, like "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\". It does not use the JAVA_HOME environment variable.
Table of Contents
Installing JDK 1.8 on Windows System
►Installation of Android SDK R24 and Emulator
►Downloading and Installing Android SDK R24
Running Android SDK Manager R24
Installing Android Platform 4.0.3 and Libraries
Verifying Android Platform Installation
Creating Android Virtual Device (AVD)
Viewing Android Virtual Device (AVD) Details
Launching Android Emulator in AVD Manager
Android Emulator Starting Screens
Android Emulator Built-in Apps and Widgets
Android Emulator Built-in Web Browser
Android Emulator for 7 Inch Tablet
Android Emulator for Google Watch
Missing Emulator Engine Program for 'arm' CPUS
x86 Emulation Requires Hardware Acceleration
HAXM - Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager
Installing Apache Ant 1.9 on Windows System
Developing First Android Application - HelloAndroid
Android Application Package (APK) Files
Android Debug Bridge (adb) Tool
AboutAndroid - Application to Retrieve System Information
android.app.Activity Class and Activity Lifecycle
View Objects and Layout Resource Files
Using "adb logcat" Command for Debugging
Build Process and Package File Content
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Mini Tablet
USB Debugging Applications on Samsung Tablet
USB Debugging Applications on LG-V905R Tablet
USB Debugging Applications on LG-P925g Phone