Android Emulator Built-in Apps and Widgets
This section describes the built-in apps and widgets provided in an Android emulator generated from Android SDK R24.
After unlock the starting screen of the Android emulator,
we look around on the emulator to try some built-in apps.
1. Click the "Apps" icon on the home screen.
A list of all built-in apps shows up:
- API Demos - A collection of apps to demo Android API.
- Browser - A Web browser for you to browse Web pages on the Internet.
- Calculator - A simple calculator.
- Camera - An app to operate the built-in camera.
- Clock - A simple clock
- Contacts - A contact manager for you to record contact names and phone numbers.
- Custom Locale - An app to add other locales to support non-English languages.
- Dev Settings - An app to access development settings.
- Dev Tools - A collection of development tools.
- Downloads - An app to access the download folder.
- Email - A client app for you to connect to your email services.
- Gallery - An app to manage photos.
- Gestures Builder - A tool to build gestures.
- Messaging - A client app for you to send and receive messages.
- Music - An app to manage and listen music.
- Phone - A client app for you to make phone calls.
- Search - A Web app for you to use the Google search engine.
- Settings - An app for you to manage settings
- Speech Recorder - An app for you to record speeches.
2. Click the "Widgets" tab.
A list of all built-in widgets shows up:
- Analog clock.
- API Demos
By the way, you can lock the screen with a password like "herong" to lock the screen
by going to "Settings > Security".
Table of Contents
About This Book
Installing JDK 1.8 on Windows System
►Installation of Android SDK R24 and Emulator
Downloading and Installing Android SDK R24
Running Android SDK Manager R24
Installing Android Platform 4.0.3 and Libraries
Verifying Android Platform Installation
Creating Android Virtual Device (AVD)
Viewing Android Virtual Device (AVD) Details
Launching Android Emulator in AVD Manager
Android Emulator Starting Screens
►Android Emulator Built-in Apps and Widgets
Android Emulator Built-in Web Browser
Android Emulator for 7 Inch Tablet
Android Emulator for Google Watch
Missing Emulator Engine Program for 'arm' CPUS
x86 Emulation Requires Hardware Acceleration
HAXM - Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager
Installing Apache Ant 1.9 on Windows System
Developing First Android Application - HelloAndroid
Android Application Package (APK) Files
Android Debug Bridge (adb) Tool
Android File Systems
AboutAndroid - Application to Retrieve System Information
android.app.Activity Class and Activity Lifecycle
View Objects and Layout Resource Files
Using "adb logcat" Command for Debugging
Build Process and Package File Content
Building Your Own Web Browser
Android Command Line Shell
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Mini Tablet
USB Debugging Applications on Samsung Tablet
Android Tablet - LG-V905R
USB Debugging Applications on LG-V905R Tablet
Android Phone - LG-P925g
USB Debugging Applications on LG-P925g Phone
Full Version in PDF/EPUB