Android Debug Bridge (adb) Tool
This chapter provides tutorial notes on the Android Debug Bridge (adb) tool. Topics include quick introduction of Android Debug Bridge (adb); creating debugging connections to Android devices/emulators; running 'adb' commands over debugging connections; using 'adb install/uninstall' commands to install applications; using 'adb shell' command to manage the device; using 'adb push/pull' commands to copy files.
What Is Android Debug Bridge (adb)
Install "adb" as Part of SDK Platform Tools
USB Debugging Connection to Use "adb" Tool
Wireless Debugging Connection to Use "adb" Tool
Debugging Connection to Android Device Emulators
Commands and Options Supported by "adb"
"adb install" and "adb uninstall" Commands
"adb push" and "adb pull" Commands
"adb shell" - Remote Shell Interface
- Android Debug Bridge (adb) is an Android developer tool to manage a connected emulator or device
over Android debugging connections.
- Android debugging connections can be established with the USB debugging option,
Wireless debugging option, or TCP port option.
- "adb" acts as a debugging client. It sends commands to the debugging daemon on the connected device,
through the debugging server process.
- "adb install" allows you to install an Android application package on the connected emulator or device.
- "adb shell" allows you to manage the connected emulator or device with a Unix shell interface.
- "adb push/pull" allows you to copy files or folders to or from the connected emulator or device.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Installing JDK 1.8 on Windows System
Installation of Android SDK R24 and Emulator
Installing Apache Ant 1.9 on Windows System
Developing First Android Application - HelloAndroid
Android Application Package (APK) Files
►Android Debug Bridge (adb) Tool
Android File Systems
AboutAndroid - Application to Retrieve System Information
android.app.Activity Class and Activity Lifecycle
View Objects and Layout Resource Files
Using "adb logcat" Command for Debugging
Build Process and Package File Content
Building Your Own Web Browser
Android Command Line Shell
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Mini Tablet
USB Debugging Applications on Samsung Tablet
Android Tablet - LG-V905R
USB Debugging Applications on LG-V905R Tablet
Android Phone - LG-P925g
USB Debugging Applications on LG-P925g Phone
Full Version in PDF/EPUB