"Collection" Class in VBScript
This section describes the Collection class and methods to access member elements in VBScript language.
Collection: A class representing a collection of ordered elements. The stored elements
can be referred by an index number or by the key associated with the elements.
It offers the following methods and properties based on the documentation of Visual
- "Item(i|key)": Property to return the element of the specified index or key. Item()
is the default method of a collection object, so you can call this method without
the method name, like object(i|key), instead of object.Item(i|key).
- "Count": Property to return the number of elements in the collection.
- "Add(element)": Method to add an element at the end of the collection without a key.
- "Add(element, key)": Method to add an element at the end of the collection with a key.
- "Remove(i|key)": Method to remove the element of the specified index or key.
Unfortunately, I was not able to write an ASP page with a new collection object.
Last update: 2003.
Table of Contents
About This Book
ASP (Active Server Pages) Introduction
IIS (Internet Information Services) 5.0
MS Script Debugger
Using VBScript in ASP Pages
Mixing VBScript Statements with Static HTML Text
Variables and Expressions in VBScript
Arrays and Loops in VBScript
►"Collection" Class in VBScript
ASP Built-in Run-time Objects
Creating and Managing Cookies
Managing Sessions with and without Cookies
scrrun.dll - Scripting Runtime DLL
Managing Response Header Lines
Calculation Speed and Response Time
ADO (ActiveX Data Object) DLL
Working with MS Access Database
Guest Book Application Example
PDF Printing Version