ASP Built-in Run-time Objects
This chapter provides tutorial notes and example codes on ASP built-in run-time objects: request, response, server, application, and session. Topics include receiving data from the client; sending data back to the client; sharing data at 3 different levels: session level, application level and server level.
Introduction of ASP Objects
"request" Object - Receiving Data from Client
"response" Object - Sending Data to Client
"server" Object - Sharing Data across Applications
"application" Object - Sharing Data within an Application
"session" Object - Sharing Data across ASP Pages
- "request" object allows you to receive data from the client, the Web browser.
- "response" object allows you to send data to the client, the Web browser.
- "server" object allows you to share data across applications.
- "application" object allows you to share data within an application.
- "session" object allows you to share data across ASP pages.
Table of Contents
About This Book
ASP (Active Server Pages) Introduction
IIS (Internet Information Services) 5.0
MS Script Debugger
►ASP Built-in Run-time Objects
Creating and Managing Cookies
Managing Sessions with and without Cookies
scrrun.dll - Scripting Runtime DLL
Managing Response Header Lines
Calculation Speed and Response Time
ADO (ActiveX Data Object) DLL
Working with MS Access Database
Guest Book Application Example
PDF Printing Version