Creating and Managing Cookies
This chapter provides tutorial notes and example codes on cookies. Topics include introduction of cookies; using response.Cookies collection object to create and manage cookies; sending to the Web browser and receiving cookies from the Web browser.
What Is a Cookie?
Sending and Receiving Cookies
Cookie Properties and Itemized Values
Cookie Test Program Result
- Cookie is a small amount of information sent by a Web server to
a Web browser, saved by the browser, and sent back to the server later.
- response.Cookies collection object can be used to create cookies and send them to the browser.
- request.Cookies collection object can be used to receive cookies from the browser.
- Temporary cookies are stored the browser's memory only so they are valid only with
a single browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored in a file on the browser's local system, so they are valid
much longer, until their specified expiration date and time.
Table of Contents
About This Book
ASP (Active Server Pages) Introduction
IIS (Internet Information Services) 5.0
MS Script Debugger
ASP Built-in Run-time Objects
►Creating and Managing Cookies
Managing Sessions with and without Cookies
scrrun.dll - Scripting Runtime DLL
Managing Response Header Lines
Calculation Speed and Response Time
ADO (ActiveX Data Object) DLL
Working with MS Access Database
Guest Book Application Example
Full Version in PDF/EPUB