Guest Book Application Example
This chapter provides tutorial notes and example codes on guest book application. Topics include design overview; database tables and fields; configuration file; page layout template file; the main script file; the administration page.
Page Layout Template File
Guest book Main Script
The Utility Script Library File
Data Submission Issues
Webmaster Administration Page
- hyBook is simple guestbook tool. You can use it directly on your Web site, or use it to learn various
techniques for writing database applications.
- hyBook shows you how to make a Web application configurable with a configuration file, a template file,
and a CSS file.
- When composing SQL statements, all values must checked for quoting characters.
- hyBook administration page shows you some interesting ASP coding techniques on managing table records.
- If you are interested in download and install hyBook, go to http://www.herongyang.com/hyBook/.
Table of Contents
About This Book
ASP (Active Server Pages) Introduction
IIS (Internet Information Services) 5.0
MS Script Debugger
ASP Built-in Run-time Objects
Creating and Managing Cookies
Managing Sessions with and without Cookies
scrrun.dll - Scripting Runtime DLL
Managing Response Header Lines
Calculation Speed and Response Time
ADO (ActiveX Data Object) DLL
Working with MS Access Database
►Guest Book Application Example
Full Version in PDF/EPUB