XSL-FO Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v2.20, by __author__
FOP Download and Installation on macOS
This section provides a tutorial on how to download and install Apache™ FOP on macOS systems.
Here is how you can download and install Apache™ FOP 2.5 on a macOS system:
1. Go to Apache™ FOP home page at https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/.
2. Click "Download" in the left menu. "Apache™ FOP: Downloading A Distribution" page shows up.
3. Click "FOP Distribution mirror" in the "Binary Download" section. Apache™ download mirror site list shows up.
4. Click the suggested mirror site. The download folder list shows up.
5. Click "binaries/" folder. The download file list shows up.
6. Click "fop-2.5-bin.tar.gz" file to download.
7. Use the browser save file function to save the file to ~/Downloads/fop-2.5-bin.tar.gz. It may take some time to complete the download.
8. Un-zip and un-tar ~/Downloads/fop-2.5-bin.tar.gz. ~/Downloads/fop-2.5 folder shows up.
9. Move ~/Downloads/fop-2.5 to /Library/fop. Installation is completed.
You can follow the same steops to download and install Apache™ FOP 2.1 or other older versions on macOS systems.
See next tutorial on how to verify Apache™ FOP installation on macOS systems.
Table of Contents