Chinese Web Sites Using PHP - v2.23, by Herong Yang
Download and Install PHP 7.3.0 on Windows
This section describes how to download and install PHP 7.3.0 on Windows systems.
To build a dynamic Website using PHP scripting language, you need download and install PHP engine first. Here is what I did to download and install PHP 7.3.0 on my Windows system:
1. Go to the official Website for PHP at php.net.
2. Click the "downloads" links in top menu. You see the download page.
3. Click "Windows downloads". You see the PHP For Windows page.
3. Click the "Zip" link under "VC15 x64 Thread Safe (2018-Dec-06 04:31:24)" to start downloading.
4. Save the downloaded file, php-7.3.0-Win32-VC15-x64.zip, 25,330,302 bytes, in a temporary directory.
5. Create a new directory called \local\php and unzip php-7.3.0-Win32-VC15-x64.zip in that directory.
6. Open a command window to test the installation:
C:\herong> \local\php\php -version PHP 7.3.0 (cli) (built: Dec 6 2018 01:54:19) (ZTS MSVC15 (Visual C++ 2017) x64) Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group Zend Engine v3.3.0-dev, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
Cool, PHP has been installed on my Windows system now.
Table of Contents