Conda - Environment and Package Manager
This chapter provides introductions and tutorial examples about Conda environments. Topics include installing Conda from the Miniconda package; starting/ending Conda 'base' environment; installing Conda packages.
What Is Conda
Install Miniconda 3
Introduction to Conda Environment
- Conda is a powerful open source environment and package manager
that allows you to install multiple environments for multiple versions
of software packages and their dependencies and switching easily between them.
- Miniconda is the smallest distribution package for Conda.
- Conda distribution package comes with a "base" Conda environment.
- A Conda environment is an independent shell environment for a specific
version of Python script engine and its libraries.
- "Conda" commands allows you to manage Conda environments and create new ones.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to Linux Systems
Files and Directories
Running Apache Web Server (httpd) on Linux Systems
Running PHP Scripts on Linux Systems
Running MySQL Database Server on Linux Systems
Running Python Scripts on Linux Systems
►Conda - Environment and Package Manager
GCC - C/C++ Compiler
Graphics Environments on Linux
SquirrelMail - Webmail in PHP
Tools and Utilities
Full Version in PDF/EPUB