Publishing Books Using XML Technologies
∟Generating PDF Documents with hyPub
∟PDF Documents Generation Steps
This section describes the steps required to generate PDF documents from your book source file.
The following steps are needed to generate PDF documents from the book source files:
1. Validating the book source files to make sure they are well formed XML files.
2. Merging multiple book source files into a single source file, if there a single book is stored in multiple source files.
3. Splitting the source file into multiple XML files with one file per chapter and per section.
4. Compiling Web page files to resolve variables and build hyper links.
5. Merging multiple XML files back into a single final XML file.
6. Transforming the final XML file to an XSL-FO document.
7. Formatting the XSL-FO document to a PDF document.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Ideas on Publishing Books using XML
Overview of hyPub - A Simple XML Publishing Tool
Writing Book Contents in XHTML Source Files
Transforming Book Source Files with XSL Technology
Designing Web Page Layouts with Tables
Controlling Web Page Appearance with CSS
Generating Web Pages with hyPub
Formatting Printable Documents with XSL-FO
►Generating PDF Documents with hyPub
Requirements on PDF Version
►PDF Documents Generation Steps
PDF Document Generation with hyPub Perl Programs
hyPub Sample PDF Documents and Source Code
Areas of Future Improvements
PDF Printing Version