Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Windows 8: Uninstall Unwanted Programs
This section provides a tutorial example on how to review all programs that have installed on a Windows 8 system and uninstall any unwanted programs.
Now you can start to review all programs that have been installed on the Windows 8 system and uninstall any unwanted programs.
1. Go to "Control Panel\Programs\Programs" and Features.
2. Click the "Installed On" column to list most recently installed or updated programs first. If you see any program name that you are not familiar with, then it is a possible spyware, adware or some tool that you never need it. Search Internet to confirm that program is not related Windows system or any hardware functions. If confirmed, you should consider to uninstall that program.
For example, on my Windows 8 system, I saw "Amazon Browser App" installed on 11/27/2012. But I don't remember that I have installed "Amazon Browser App" myself. Searching Internet shows that "Amazon Browser App" is browser add-on to help you search and comparison shop while surfing the Web. I don't think I need this tool. So I will uninstall it.
3. Double click on "Amazon Browser App". You will see the uninstallation confirmation popup box:
Are you sure you want to uninstall Amazon Browser App? [Yes] [No]
4. Click "Yes" and follow other instructions to uninstall "Ask Toolbar".
5. Continue to review all installed programs.
The picture below shows you the list of installed programs on a Windows 8 system:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents