Perl Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v6.01, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading Apache HTTP Server 2.2.25 for Windows
This section describes how to download Apache (HTTP Server) 2.2.25 binary distribution for Windows systems.
In order to serve Perl scripts as Web pages, you need to have a Web server running and integrated with the Perl engine. The most popular Web server today is Apache (HTTP Server). Here is what you should do to download Apache 2.2.25 binary distribution for Windows:
1. If you have an older version of Apache (HTTP Server) running on your computer, uninstall it first.
2. Go to Apache HTTP Server Web site.
3. Go to the "Apache 2.2.* Released" section and click the "Download" link. You will see "Downloading the Apache HTTP Server" page. Do not go to the "Apache httpd 2.4.* Released" section, because there is no Windows binary distributions available yet.
4. Go to the "Apache HTTP Server 2.2.* (httpd)" section and click "Binaries". You will see the download folder of a download mirror site.
5. Open "win32/" and click "httpd-2.2.25-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi" from the list to start download.
6. Save the downloaded file, httpd-2.2.25-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi, 5,754,604 bytes, in a temporary directory.
See the next section on how to install Apache Windows version.
Table of Contents
Data Types: Values and Variables
Expressions, Operations and Simple Statements
Name Spaces and Perl Module Files
Hard References - Addresses of Memory Objects
Objects (or References) and Classes (or Packages)
Typeglob and Importing Identifiers from Other Packages
String Built-in Functions and Performance
File Handles and Data Input/Output
Open Directories and Read File Names
File System Functions and Operations
Socket Communication Over the Internet
XML::Simple Module - XML Parser and Generator
SOAP::Lite - SOAP Server-Client Communication Module
Perl Programs as IIS Server CGI Scripts
CGI (Common Gateway Interface)
XML-RPC - Remote Procedure Call with XML and HTTP
RPC::XML - Perl Implementation of XML-RPC
►Integrating Perl with Apache Web Server
►Downloading Apache HTTP Server 2.2.25 for Windows
Installing Apache HTTP Server 2.2.25 on Windows
Publishing HTML Documents as Web Pages
Starting and Stopping Apache Server
Running Perl Scripts in "cgi-bin"
printenv.pl - Testing Perl CGI Environment
cgi-lib.pl - The Standard Library for CGI Scripts
ReadParse() - Parsing Web Form Input Values
Running Perl Scripts in "htdocs"
CGI.pm Module for Building Web Pages
LWP::UserAgent and Web Site Testing
Converting Perl Script to Executable Binary
Managing Perl Engine and Modules on macOS