PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading Trusted Root Certificate on Android phone
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download a trusted root certificate on Android phone from root CA Website.
Sometimes you may need to add a trusted root certificate on your Android phone. For example, a Website is using a new root certificate, which is not included the current trusted root certificate store on your Android phone.
If you think the new root certificate can be trusted, you can download it on your Android phone as a trusted certificate. Here is an example of downloading the "GlobalSign Root R1" certificate:
1. Open Chrome Web browser and go to GlobalSign Support website at support.globalsign.com.
2. Enter "GlobalSign Root R1" in the search box and select "GlobalSign Root Certificates" from the search result. The list of root certificates is displayed.
3. Scroll down to see the "GlobalSign Root R1" certificate.
4. Tab on "Download Root-R1". A warning message may be displayed.
Chrome needs storage access to download files.
5. Tap on "CONTINUE". Another warning message may be displayed.
Allow Chrome to access photos, media, and files on your device?
6. Tap on "ALLOW". The download screen is displayed.
7. Tap on "Download". The "GlobalSign Root R1" certificate is saved in the "Downloads" folder.
Table of Contents