PHP Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 4.17, by Dr. Herong Yang
Publishing PHP Scripts as Web Pages
This section describes how to publish PHP scripts as Web pages on the Apache server.
To verify my Apache and PHP integration, here what I did to publish a PHP script as a Web page on the Apache server:
1. I wrote this simple PHP script, hello.php, with a text editor:
<html> <body> <?php echo "Hello world!"; ?> - PHP script. </body> </html>
2. Copied this script file to Apache document directory, \local\apache\htdocs:
C:\> copy hello.php \local\apache\htdocs
3. View it with a Web browser at http://localhost/hello.php. Surprisingly, I got the following error:
Forbidden You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin-php/php-cgi.exe/hello.php on this server.
4. Check the error log file: \local\apache\logs\error.log. I saw this message:
[authz_core:error] ... AH01630: client denied by server configuration: C:/local/php/php-cgi.exe
5. I modified the access control section in \local\apache\conf\httpd.conf to match what Apache 2.4 provided for the /cgi-bin directory:
<Directory "/local/php/"> AllowOverride None Options None Require all granted </Directory>
6. Restart the Apache server and run the PHP script again http://localhost/hello.php. The Web page resulted from the PHP script shows up correctly this time:
Hello world! - PHP script.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents