SOAP Extension Function and Calling Web Services
This chapter provides tutorial examples and notes about SOAP extension functions. Topics include PHP implementations of SOAP, the SOAP extension library, SOAP client functions, Calling Web services with and without using the WSDL standard, example scripts to dump SOAP communication detailed debug information.
PHP Implementations of SOAP
Turning on the Default SOAP Extension
Hello_There.php - First Example of SOAP
SoapClient - SOAP Client Class and Functions
Hello_There_Dump.php - Debugging SOAP Messages
What Is WSDL
Using SOAP Extension in non-WSDL Mode
- There seems to be 3 popular PHP implementations of SOAP: PEAR SOAP, NuSOAP, and PHP Group SOAP Extension.
- The PHP Group SOAP Extension 5.0.4 seems to be supporting SOAP 1.2. But it uses SOAP 1.1 by default.
- WSDL is an XML based standard designed to describes protocol bindings and message formats of Web services.
- WSDL document does help simplifying the set up process of SOAP calls. But without
WSDL documents, making SOAP calls is not that hard.
- www.xmethods.net is doing a great job for offering this demonstration SOAP service.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction and Installation of PHP 7.3
PHP Script File Syntax
PHP Data Types and Data Literals
Variables, References, and Constants
Expressions, Operations and Type Conversions
Conditional Statements - "if" and "switch"
Loop Statements - "while", "for", and "do ... while"
Function Declaration, Arguments, and Return Values
Arrays - Ordered Maps
Introduction of Class and Object
Integrating PHP with Apache Web Server
Retrieving Information from HTTP Requests
Creating and Managing Sessions in PHP Scripts
Sending and Receiving Cookies in PHP Scripts
Controlling HTTP Response Header Lines in PHP Scripts
MySQL Server Connection and Access Functions
Functions to Manage Directories, Files and Images
►SOAP Extension Function and Calling Web Services
SOAP Server Functions and Examples
Localization Overview of Web Applications
Using Non-ASCII Characters in HTML Documents
Using Non-ASCII Characters as PHP Script String Literals
Receiving Non-ASCII Characters from Input Forms
"mbstring" Extension and Non-ASCII Encoding Management
Managing Non-ASCII Character Strings with MySQL Servers
Configuring and Sending out Emails
Full Version in PDF/EPUB